If you are one of those who are wondering to know that how to know if the microwave is leaking radiation then you must have to read this helpful post. We are going to explain everything in detail.
There is no doubt, the microwave is the most popular appliance in today’s kitchens. Everyone has a microwave in the kitchen. It is an amazing invention to cook or heat our food. Basically, there is radiation in the microwave to do the cooking task. But radiation might be leaked which never be a good thing.
The more important thing to learn is How to tell if your microwave is leaking radiation. But first of all, you don’t need to worry about this. Injuries that might happen by microwave radiation are extremely rare. But you must need to check if the microwave is leaking radiation or not. Maybe you suspect something can be wrong with your microwave, so you have to test it. Luckily checking it is pretty easy. So let’s get started for further detail!
How to test the leakage of microwave radiation?
There are two easy ways to test the microwave radiation issue:
The easy and simple way to determine the leaking radiation is to use a microwave radiation detector. But you should check that the radiation detector detects high-frequency signals from microwave ovens.
So you need to check the product description and reviews before purchasing it. Microwave radiation detectors’ costs might be between $20 and $200.but if you want to save money, then a cell phone is the better idea.
If you have Wi-Fi that operates on a 2.4 Gigahertz (GHz) band, then you can use your cell phone to determine if a microwave is leaking radiation. Well, your microwave should read 5 milliwatts (mW) or less at a distance of about two inches from the microwave, according to the FDA.
You should on your Wi-Fi and check Cellular data transmits and receives signals between 800 and 1900 Megahertz (MHz). When the Microwaves emit a 2.4 GHz signal that means it is much higher and Wi-Fi matches this higher frequency. Now the question is that why do frequencies differ between mobile phones and microwaves?
So, your microwave is much larger than your phone that’s why it needs enough power to heat food quickly. Here is how to do this:
- Unplug your microwave and put your phone inside and call it.
- Cellular data transmits and receives signals must be lower frequency compared to Wi-Fi and microwaves. Because if the data is on, then the test won’t work properly and your phone will always ring.
- So you have to have Wi-Fi enabled since most Wi-Fi networks operate at 2.4 GHz, which is equal to a microwave. If you turn off the phone’s cellular data, then you can use Wi-Fi to make Wi-Fi calls. Here you need to see that Wi-Fi operates on either a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band and the Microwaves also operate at 2.4 GHz.
- Now you need to check your Wi-Fi settings to see that your network is 2.4 GHz.
- Next, you have to put the phone in the microwave with the appropriate settings. The simple fact is that Cellular data should be off and the Wi-Fi network should be 2.4 GHz.
- Now you have to call. While calling if you hear no ring, that means your microwave is not leaking radiation but if you hear a ring that means your microwave is leaking radiation.
You should be careful that your leaking microwave is a danger to your health. If the phone starts ringing, there might be a seal on your door or the door interlocking mechanism is broken. Now you have replace your microwave.
If you have any doubt about the leakage of your microwave then you must need to check the radiation first because it might be so dangerous. We have told the easy ways to check whether the microwave is leaking radiation or not. So that’s all you need to about “how to tell if your microwave is leaking radiation”? We hope so, this article will help you a lot!