This article will explain “What are convection microwaves and grill microwaves”? Basically, a Microwave is a kitchen appliance that become a necessity in everybody’s kitchen. A microwave is designed to cook, heat, or reheat food. There are different kinds of microwaves in the market. Many brands have lounged many models of microwave and convection microwaves and grill microwaves are also kinds of microwave.
So in this article, we will talk about the difference between two types of microwave conventional microwave and grill microwave. So let’s get started for further detail about “what is convection microwave and grill microwave”?
What are convection microwaves and grill microwaves?
Basically, Convection is a Latin word that means “wave.” the convection microwave has all the features of a normal microwave and a convection oven. The conventional microwave helps you to bake and roast food and it can also heat or reheat your meal. Well, it is an amazing alternative for small kitchens or small spaces.
Technical speaking, The heating element of a convection microwave oven allows to fan that pushes air circulation around the oven to heat food. Convection is an easy way of heat exchange that works on the concept of natural air movement. In this process, the naturally cold air is heated when it rises, and the upper layer of air cools, it becomes heavier and flows down.
After that, the Convection ovens get 200 °C temperature by the continuous air circulation that is happening with the fan cycling on and off. So if you have a small kitchen or a small apartment then a Convection microwave is the best choice. If you want to cook and back then having a convection microwave is good for you.
- Its Cooking times are shortened,
- It comes with more options for even cooking.
- Microwave racks help you to cook different foods at the same time.
- Convection microwave saves energy
- It needs to be cleaned after every use.
- It is comparably priced.
- If you open the door of the convection microwave then the internal temperature will drop. It will defiantly affect timing and cooking results.
A grill oven is a complicated device as compared to standard or solo ovens. Basically, it features cooking abilities like warming and defrosting your meal. Some models also have the ability to roast meals. You can also brown meat before serving which you couldn’t get with our ordinary kitchen equipment.
There you will find a metal grill or a rack to raise food near the microwave’s radiant heating element. When it touches a button, then you can toast bread, grill food, and also melt the cheese.
So if you want to enjoy the grill flavor without heating your BBQ grill then a grill microwave is a good idea to buy. But it is more expensive than a single microwave because of its higher quality.
Advantages of grill microwaves:
- You can wipe it out rather than clean the grill after each use.
- By the grill mode, you can significantly shorten cooking times in the grill microwave.
- You can enjoy grilled food like BBQ.
Disadvantages of grill microwaves:
- The grill microwave grill has enough weight.
- The grill microwave has limitations. Basically, you cannot use your grill microwave to bake or roast food.
- It is more expensive than a convection microwave.
Difference between Convection and Grill Microwave
Basically, the convection microwave has the characterization of both a solo and grill microwave. it has superior glass doors and sensors that help with heating technology. The sensors automatically turn off when your food is ready.
Basically, it has Inverter technology that helps to cut down on cooking time. In this way, your convention will not become overheated. Modern convection oven offers an automatic temperature selection feature. Whereas, a grill microwave can be used as both a grill and a microwave.
It has many different features that allow you to make food faster. it has a feature eco mode that allows your stainless steel dishes not to overheat. There is also a power grill feature that helps you to use the grill which can take longer than using the combo. You can also make a perfect grill line without this mode. The eco-mode uses less electricity.
There are two modes in a convection microwave, a standard mode that uses to heat or cook food and a convection mode that will help to turn your microwave into a convection oven that distributes heat by using a heating element and a fan.
A convection microwave helps you to use different cooking methods like baking, roasting, and boiling. Both modes help you to cook your meal faster. Whereas, s convection microwave is designed as an outdoor grill.
It will help to make outside browns of food on your grill. A grill microwave works as an inside heating element. Grill racks help to bring food closer to the heat source. Basically, it has two settings: “grill” and “microwave”.
Grill microwave is more powerful that has more capacity. It is ranging between 900 and 1700 watts. The grill microwave watt is better at cooking which helps to get the delicious flavor for your meal. Whereas If we talk about the power levels of a convection microwave then it is ranging between 1200W to 2200W.
The grill microwave can carry between 1 and 2, 5 cubic feet of food which is about 26–32 liters. whereas, convection microwaves can carry between 20 to 38 liters with a maximum capacity of two cubic feet or more.
How to Use a Grill Microwave?
- Press 1 is for low power, and press 2 or 3 is for maximum power.
- Choose the grilling time by dialing for display.
- You can also add standing time also by clicking the “add timer” button.
- Now shut the oven door.
- Start your cooking process by pressing the “start” button.
How to Use a Convection Microwave?
- You need to choose the microwave option for reheating.
- When you need to cook items for a longer time, then you have to choose your convection microwave mode.
- You can use the combination set in order to cook your food faster.
- You can also allow optimal air circulation by using the round convection rack.
- You can use metal goods in the convection setting. You have to avoid these metal goods in the microwave or the combo set.
In the end, we must say now you can easily differentiate between convection microwaves and grill microwaves. We have explained everything about these two types of microwave in detail, whether it’s about functions, using watts, capacity, pros, cons, etc. so that all you need to know about “what is convection microwave and grill microwave”? We hope so, this article will help you a lot!