Are you interested to know how to make coffee without electricity, right? As we all know, coffee is an amazing drinking product and also the world’s most popular drink. There are a lot of people who can imagine starting their day without a strong cup of coffee. But unfortunately, sometimes you need a cup of coffee but the light has gone.
And you flip the light switch to make your coffee and there is nothing so irritating when nothing happens and your coffee maker does not work because there is no electricity. And the people who have no coffee maker in their kitchen, then how they could make coffee?
It is a fact that everybody can’t afford a coffee machine to make coffee, and sometimes the coffeemaker is out of order but that does not mean you can’t make coffee. So, you should not despair. Whether you’re in a dark kitchen without light or you have no electrical coffee maker, you’ve got some amazing options.
Keep reading this amazing article to learn about the best and the easy ways of electricity-free coffee brewing, from percolators to cold brew. you just need to follow these methods step by step carefully, so that you can make your perfect cup of coffee without electricity.
Easiest Ways to Make Coffee Without Electricity
So, we are going to cover some easy ways to make your cup of coffee without electricity. These are given below:
1. Coffee on Fire
Making your coffee on fire is one of the easy ways. You just need to heat water to the boiling point. That means we are talking about fire. If you don’t have a gas stove, or you are outdoor camping and you have no equipment for a portable stove. Here is how to do this:
- So, first of all, you should build a fire outside
- Now place fresh water on the flame and heat the water,
- Now pure the water in your cup
- Next, you have to add one teaspoon of coffee to it.
- You can also add sugar to this hot water.
- So, your cup of coffee is ready.
2. Make Coffee on the gas stove
This is also the most common and easy way to make coffee without electric
- First of all, turn on the gas stave.
- Now place a saucepan on a gas stove.
- Next, you have to boil half a cup of water.
- Now, take a cup and add two tablespoons of coffee to it.
- Next, you should also add 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Now mix the coffee and sugar properly.
- Next, you need to put one spoonful of boiled water in the mixture of coffee and sugar.
- Blend them well until the smooth mixture is ready.
- Now, place the saucepan again on the medium flame
- And put one cup of fresh milk in it.
- Just boiled the milk properly.
- Now pure this milk in a cup.
- Next, you have to add the mixture to this milk.
- Now mix it well.
- So your coffee is ready, you can enjoy it!
Have you ever seen in the old cowboy movies, you must see that seen when they’re sitting around a fire, and sipping the coffee brewed in a big, blue percolator. So, we are just talking about that. The way is so simple.
When the water boils, it accesses a thin central tube that is fixed to the top, where it’s spritzed over the grounds. So, if you have no other option after the power goes out and this is what you’ve got, it can make a decent cup of coffee for you.
4. Instant Coffee
Basically, Preparation is the main key to this coffee-making process. We can say that if you can heat water then you can easily make instant coffee. Basically, Instant coffee is made of dehydrated granules that can easily dissolve in hot water, and you can easily purchase it caffeinated or decaffeinated. The other option is coffee bags. You just need to put your instant coffee or coffee bag into hot water. Your perfect cup of coffee is there. Have it!
5. French Press
Generally speaking, one of the easiest and simplest ways to make coffee without electricity is the French press. There is how to use a French press,
- First, you need to warm a pot of hot water
- Next, pour the water out and place the coffee grounds into the pot.
- Now, you have to stir the mixture of coffee and water properly
- Now leave the pot to brew for a few minutes.
- Then, press down on a plunger slowly, which will force the coffee through a filter
- Now, turn the lid so that the spout is open.
- Now you can pure your coffee and enjoy.
6. Aero Press
Just like the above method aero press is also another electricity-free brewing method. That is also ever-popular. It has a similar function but uses finely ground coffee to make espresso. Basically, it’s made of light, sturdy plastic, so you can easily try it when you are on camping outside or facing the issue of power going out.
7. Pour-Over coffee maker
Basically, this is the most popular method in fancier coffee shops. These include some special filters and fancy-looking decanters. Others are basic plastic devices that have filters and grounds over your cup of coffee. To use a pour-over, you need to pour hot water over the grounds slowly. When you put the grounds slowly it will help the ground time to bloom. Your fully extracted coffee is ready.
8. Cowboy Coffee
If you don’t have any of then you can try your hands at cowboy coffee. Yes, that’s true, you can still make coffee. Here is how you can do it:
- First of all, start by heating up water over a fire
- Now you just have to add coffee grounds to very hot water
- Next, you need to let the mixture sit for 2 minutes
- Now pour the cowboy coffee slowly into a cup,
- So, this is called cowboy coffee.
9. Cold Brew
You can also make a cold brew. This method is very simple. Here is how to do this:
- You just need to toss coarsely-ground coffee in cold water,
- And let it over 12 to 24 hours, this water will extract the whole flavor from the grounds.
Whether you are outside camping or your electricity has gone out, you do not need to worry about that because there is no need to skip your cup of coffee. Basically, the main thing to making your cup of coffee is boiling water and you can boil it on the stove or if you don’t have a gas stove, you can heat water or make coffee on a grill or an outdoor fire.
We have mentioned many easiest ways and most creative ways to make coffee without electricity. You can easily make a perfect full of flavor coffee with the above-mentioned process. You just need to choose one of them.