In this article, we will show you how to clean my microwave without damaging it. Being the owner of some appliances, it is your own duty to keep maintained every appliance. Microwave is also one of them that is mostly used throughout the day. Unfortunately, there are many microwave owners that have no idea about to clean the microwave. That’s why they must think that “how do I clean my microwave”? It may be the perfect time to learn how to clean a microwave.
A dirty microwave has a dirty surface, a bad smell, and most important a bacteria breeding ground that was created by a dirty microwave. When you use the microwave in the same condition, then it will never be good for your health and it can make you sick, and it can be also a fire hazard.
So let’s get started for more detail!
How Do I Clean My Microwave?
We are going to compile a list of easy methods for cleaning a microwave so that it stays as pristine and brand new.
Easy Methods To Clean Your Microwave
So, it’s time to discuss the easiest ways to clean your microwave properly, you just need to choose one of them and try to follow the method carefully. But before starting the method of cleaning, you need to unplug your microwave from the outlet first, for security reasons. Although a plugged-in microwave will harm you. And you should also be careful when handling the microwave glass plate. Here are these easy ways!
1. Clean Your Microwave With Vinegar
Basically, vinegar is acidic in nature, it’s an ideal cleanser to remove stubborn stains in an easy way. Vinegar is also known as spirit vinegar obtained by fermenting grain alcohol. So here you can use vinegar to clean the microwave. Here is how to do this:
- Need to mix two tablespoons of white vinegar with two cups of water in a bowl. If you don’t like the smell of white vinegar, then you can add a few drops of essential oil to reduce the smell.
- Now Microwave this liquid at a high temperature for five minutes. It might nearly boil because the steam inside the microwave will soften any stubborn grease, stains, and grime.
- Let this mixture be placed inside the microwave and Wait 8 to 10 minutes before opening the microwave door.
- Now, you can remove this mixing bowl and the glass plate from your microwave
- Next, you have to wipe them carefully using a clean rag.
- Next, you can wipe down the microwave’s interior, such as the sides, door, top, and bottom with a clean cloth.
- Now, clean the microwave with another dry piece of cloth and Make sure not to get any liquid in the vents.
- Finally, you have to place the glass plate, after you have a clean microwave.
2. Clean Your Microwave With Lemon
- First of all, take a lemon and Cut the lemon in half
- Now, you have to squeeze the juice into a microwave-safe container.
- Now you need to Drop the squeezed lemon halves also into the container.
- Now, Mix the lemon juice and halves with one cup of water.
- Next, you need to Place the container in the microwave and run it at a high temperature about for five minutes.
- Now, you need to set this solution inside the microwave for 10 minutes, so the stream can soften the stains.
- After that, you have to remove the turntable and glass plate
- Now clean them with a soft piece of cloth and also wipe down the microwave’s interior using a piece of cloth.
- Now, place the turntable and glass plate inside the microwave.
3. Clean Your Microwave With Baking Soda
Basically, Baking soda is a cleaner that works very well. You and also use it to clean away microwave dirt and grime.
- So, you need to mix two tablespoons of baking soda with one cup of water in a microwave-safe container.
- Now, you have to put it in the Microwave at high temperature for five minutes.
- This mix makes steam that will kill the grime and bad odors.
- After five minutes remove the container carefully.
- Now, you need to remove the turntable and glass plate.
- Now, Wipe these items with a rag and wipe the interior of the microwave with a clean cloth…
- Next, the steam will lose the food debris.
- Now you can dip the cloth into the baking mixture and scrub it.
- Finally, you can place the turntable and glass plate.
4. Clean Your Microwave With Dish Soap
This is the best and the most common way to clean a microwave properly because you always have dish soap in your kitchen all the time. So, you have to follow these steps:
- Mix a few small pieces of dish soap and put them into warm water in a bowl.
- Now you have to remove the interior glass plate and turntable.
- Now, use the soapy sponge to scrub the microwave’s interior.
- Next, you have to clean it with a dry piece of cloth.
- Now, you have to place the turntable and glass plate.
So, we have mentioned some useful methods that you can try to clean your microwave. There are a lot of people who avoid cleaning their microwave because they think it is too difficult but they are not right. Cleaning a microwave is so simple. You can clean it with lemon, soup bar, white vinegar, etc. We are sure, you have learned a lot about “how do I clean my microwave”? We have mentioned some super easy ways for you to keep it clean. We hope so, this article will help you a lot!